Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Screen goes black

So, I bought a new 32'' Samsung LCD and I just hooked up the HDMI cable that came with my 360 Elite. I haven't played any games with this set up (I used to have just a standard television and I was using the standard plug ins) until I bought Gears 2...and then I was playing like crazy. Well, I didn't have any problems until about a week of playing and suddenly the screen went black, no video, no sound either. The system was running fine, no red ring of death. I restarted the system and everything came up fine. I'm just wondering if it's the HDMI cable maybe? Anyone have any ideas? Has there been any rumors about the HDMI cable that came with the 360 Elite? Any help would be great...and don't tell me it's about to red ring of death on me because I barely play the thing and I only play for 2 hours at a time. Screen goes black
Also, I'm not having any weird color issues either...no white lines or green coloring.Screen goes black
It's the HDMI most likely.  Honetsly, if it's a cheap 20 or 30 dollar cable, I wouldn't doubt it.I got a $150 hdmi w/some spending money a year ago (along w/ a $500 hd tv) and it makes my 1080i tv look like 1080p, sometimes better since it's not so dark like most expensive hdtvs. Try exchanging the hdmi for one that can process picture and sound faster.  You'll probably spend a good $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment