Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Help with xbox 360 benq disc read errors

I have read through hundreds of posts but didn't find an answer to my specific problem. A few weeks ago I pluged my 360 in for the first time in about 6 months. I had just purchased Fable 2 for my wife to play (brand new) but I kept getting a disc read error. I tried a couple other games (1 played, the rest didn't) and some movies that played half/half. I decided to look around to try and find a solution and came up with a replacement lens. I just got it in the mail today and spent some time switching out my old lens for the new one.Now every time I put any disc in it reads for one or two seconds then acts like there is no disc in the drive. I took the cover off the drive to make sure the lens was functioning and it did. It moves back and forth and adjusts up and down but refuses to read the disc.Is there something I have done wrong in the replacement process? I tried backing out the screws a little to make sure there was good clearance between the disc and the laser but nothing seems to help my problem. Does anybody have a suggestion that won't cost me more money?If I have to spend another dime on this piece of **** it is going straight to the trash!Thanks in advance for anyone that can help Help with xbox 360 benq disc read errors
If the Broken 360 thread did not help then call Microsoft.



Also, please note that substituting characters so you can include banned words on this site is not permitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment