Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beware of Far Cry 2 technical problems!

Okay people, I just felt that I needed to make this thread for those of you that are playing the game or are considering buying it. Now for starters, Far Cry 2 is a great game. It's extremely fun and if you are a fan of FPS games, this is for you. I just felt like I needed to get that out of the way.Now for the problems, I have noticed that a lot of people online and myself included are having problems with saved files. They can become corrupted very easily in this game and after they are corrupted you are pretty much SOL. I had recommended this game to a friend before I started having this problem, he bought the game and loves it but he said that he also has had this same problem, both of us were atleast half-way through the game when the files were corrupted and unplayable.But now for the clincher problem that I had with Far Cry 2. I decided that after I played through half of the game and that saved file became corrupted, that I'd erase the file and start over, this time using two saved files to ensure that if one became corrupted, I'd be able to go to the other file and play not far behind from where I previously was. I did this and half way through the game, roughly around the same time as the first problem happened, something worse than a corrupted saved file happened. What happened was the ''RED RING OF DEATH''.So now I had to send my X360 into Microsoft for repairs. Now I have had that X360 Elite for almost a year and I never had any problems with it whatsoever. But after playing Far Cry 2, the problems began and eventually caused my X360 to have the ''RED RING OF DEATH''. So this I guess is a warning to all of those that might want to play this game, that it's probable that you will have these same kind of problems.Now I have to decide if I want to play it again and finish it after my X360 gets back, or get rid of the game altogether. This would be an extremely easy decision to make if the game wasn't so much fun to play.Beware of Far Cry 2 technical problems!
I lost a few save files when i was about 4 hours into the game, thus requiring me to go back to an earlier save file and repeat the last 3 hours of progress, so i know this can be a porblem. However i would suggest that your RROD coinciding with your playing FC2 was merely a coincidence. A game would not cause it, prolonged use of your system over months/years would have caused this, due to faulty system design by microsoft.



So by all means go ahead and finish the game, as it is a fantastic game once you get into it. Enjoy.Beware of Far Cry 2 technical problems!
i have heard of these problems, but i rented the game for a week, and had no such issues
I've heard of the save file corruption problem, but I highly doubt the game caused the RROD...considering RROD is a hardware failure....
Did you turn off while far cry 2 was saving? I havent come close to beating the game, but have never had problems with save files corrupting. Also I highly doubt RROD had anything at all to do with far cry 2, as others have said.
[QUOTE=''expandingeye'']Did you turn off while far cry 2 was saving? I havent come close to beating the game, but have never had problems with save files corrupting. Also I highly doubt RROD had anything at all to do with far cry 2, as others have said.[/QUOTE]No, I never turned off my XBOX while it was saving. I keep my consoles in extremely good condition, I dust them off frequently and the areas around them, I keep them on an entertainment center, the cords and what not aren't on each other and everything is well ventilated. Which is why I was so surprised that I had RROD. You guys are probably right that Far Cry 2 didn't cause my XBOX to have the RROD, but I thought it was worth mentioning that I hadn't had any problems with any games or my console until I started playing Far Cry 2. First it was the saved files, then the RROD.It was a real bummer for me when the save filed was corrupted, because I had gone out of my way to find every diamond suitcase I could, since you have played the games I am sure you know how much driving and looking around that is. So I had to try to do a decent job of collecting them the second time around so I could have more currency to buy whatever with.I'll give it another go when I get my XBOX back, I just hope there aren't any further problems. It's a really great game, one of my favorites of this generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment