Tuesday, April 13, 2010

360 component cables in 480i

on my original xbox i used the component cables with my SD tv which looked fantastic and allowed me to use the optical out for surround sound. when i tried hooking my friends 360 up to my tv with his component cables that signal was all scrambles since it was trying to run in 480p which my tv doesn't support. i just got a 360 of my own and i was wondering if there is a way to get the component cables to work in 480i or if i'm stuck using s-video for better picture quality and surround sound.360 component cables in 480i
360 does not support 480i. Most games don't even support 480p though either.360 component cables in 480i
EVERY 360 game will run in 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and now will upscale to 1080p with the last big system upate. Your signal is scrambled because you're probablytrying to send a progressive (480p) signal to a 480i TV. You'll have to play with the S-video for now until you get a TV that supports a progressive signel... Also, you might want to make sure the button on the video cable is switched to SDTV an not HDTV - and also go ito your system settings in the 360 and make sure it's set to 480i.
thanks for the info. i didn't want to drop the cash on something that won't work.
i couldn't find the s-video cables at the store today so i picked up some component cables just to give them a try. its scrambled right now so i can't set it to 480i. can someone give me the controller moves so i can set it blindly?
My tv only goes to 480i and I use component cables...
Make sure your cable is switched to SDTV and not HDTV
If you have a pretty good PC monitor, you could pick up the Microsoft VGA cables and play in HD through that (720p, 1080i and in some cases, 1080p). The Official Microsoft ones are $40 and have the Optical Out for your surround sound. I use them on a 19'' LCD Dell monitor at work and they work great!
[QUOTE=''Cujo31'']Make sure your cable is switched to SDTV and not HDTV[/QUOTE]



Yeah, the fact the the cable had a switch escaped me when I first connected the 360 to my TV (which has component, but doesn't support 480p).



Some third party cables do not have the switch...

No comments:

Post a Comment